Welcome to the beta launch of Backup Ninja, a simple, secure, and cost-effective SaaS service you can use to backup the world’s most popular open source databases; locally or in the cloud.
We’re excited to have you hear and hope you can help us “kick the tires” of this exciting new database management service.
About the Beta
Because we are still in the early phases, using Backup Ninja is free at this time. You will, however, be able to transfer it to a paid account once we’re ready to begin charging. This means you can use Backup Ninja to power your database backups at no charge and easily transition to a paid plan, with no obligation, if you choose.
How to Test Backup Ninja
As this is a new product you will undoubtedly encounter bugs in your travels. We encourage our first wave of users to “poke” the product and let us know how it performed.
Our main goal with this beta launch is to validate that we are able to provide a service that solves a real problem for users who currently maintain their own backup scripts and tools.
Here are the key things we are hoping you will help us test…
- Register for the service
- Verify your account via link from the welcome email
- Install our agent w/o issues
- Add one or more DB servers that needs to be backed up
- Create a backup schedule which stores backups locally (on the server)
- Create a backup schedule which stores backups locally and on their favorite cloud provider (multiple locations)
- Be able to be up and running within 10 minutes of registering with our service
Other things to do...
- Edit, start and resume backup configurations
- Upgrade agents
- Delete / uninstall agent(s)
- Re-install agent(s)
- Change / reset your password
- Add servers
- Remove servers
Where to Report Your Findings
We have created a simple Google Form for you to log your issues which we will then transfer into our systems. We encourage you to share your test results, report any bugs, or just give us feedback on what we could do to make Backup Ninja even better!
The Next Steps
Severalnines is continuing to add new features, functions and databases to the platform. Coupled with your feedback, we plan to emerge from beta with a product that will allow you to build a quick and simple backup management plan to ensure you are protected should your databases become unavailable.